Subscribe to RSS

Saving Nazia II

A0082

Nazia, a little girl from Afghanistan, accidentally swallowed a battery and it lodged in her throat, destroying her trachea.  American doctors at Bagram Air Field performed a tracheotomy to save her life.

Photo by Michael Greenberger of the United States of America.

Contest entry A0082.

  • Share/Bookmark

Leave a Reply

  

  

  

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>